Smashbox has officially launched their fall collection – Image Factory. Inspired by the Smashbox Studios own description of being a “modern-day image factory,” the collection includes everything you need to welcome the new season. Products for your eyes, cheeks and lips have you covered and on trend.
Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette ($39): Create eye looks hot off the set with this palette of ultra-blendable shadows in the season’s trendiest shades. The richly pigmented, velvety shadows are crease- and fade-resistant for flawless, iconic eye looks. Includes double-ended brush. Shades: Icon, Muse
Airbrush Whipped Cheek Color($29): This luxe, lightweight blush gives cheeks a naturally radiant glow. With ultra-fine pigments for supreme blendability and silicone elastomers that diminish imperfections, this mousse-like formula delivers an instant airbrushed effect. Shades: Berry Bliss, Dusty Rose
Waterproof Shadow Liner ($22): Effortlessly line and define your eyes with this creamy, mistake-proof shadow liner. This versatile formula offers soft definition in one quick step—smudge as a liner or blend as a shadow for radiant, all-over color. Shades: Bronze, Charcoal
Lip Enhancing Gloss Duo ($24): Gloss your pout to perfection with this luxe, longwearing formula with an ultra-cushiony applicator. Shades: Fab/Snappy, Luxe/Chic
Available at: Smashbox.com, Sephora, ULTA, Nordstrom, QVC, Beauty.com and select Macy’s
OpenSky launched about a year ago with the goal of curating a personalized, social shopping experience for their members. Headquartered in New York City, OpenSky has since grown to 1.5 million users taking advantage of the 100 expert curators selected by the site to recommend products to suit each users’ unique tastes.
Expert-influenced categories include food, accessories, apparel, kids, healthy living, home, and an additional category announced this week – beauty. The newest category since the company’s launch is bringing in an esteemed list of beauty industry veterans to recommend products and share their expertise and techniques:
Jerrod Blandino, celebrity makeup artist and founder of Too Faced, Dr. Fredric Brandt, dermatologist and skin-care expert, Chandler Burr, former New York Times perfume critic, Sue Devitt, celebrity makeup artist, Pati Dubroff, celebrity makeup artist, Siobhan O’Connor and Alexandra Spunt, founders of No More Dirty Looks, Serge Normant, author and celebrity hair stylist, Orlando Pita, renowned hairstylist, Neal B. Schultz, M.D., award-winning dermatologist, Tara Smith, celebrity hairstylist and Marta Wohrle, founder of Truth in Aging.
A new selection of products will be curated by each expert once a week and will include custom beauty picks. Shoppers have the opportunity to communicate directly with each curator via OpenSky’s platform, videos and product reviews.
Social shopping, a personalized homepage of products recommended according to your unique tastes and access to tricks of the trade from the experts makes for the ultimate experience in online shopping. Sign up here to get started!
We get by with a little help from our friends. That’s why we were so thrilled when our friends over at Smashbox Studios met up with us earlier this week to share some of their latest goodies. For the spring season we swiped, smeared, blotted and lined with the products from their “Be Discovered” 2012 collection. Read on to find out what we thought!
Be Legendary Lipstick
Whether you’re a lipstick lover or not, you can definitely get into Smashbox’s Be Legendary shades. They glide on very smooth, but slightly matte without looking chalky. The color lasts long and feels moist. Pick your favorite hue: Pink Petal (a vivid hot pink), Melondrama (a sex kitten peach), and Honey (a neutral hint of tan – not shown).
Smashbox does a great job keeping a promise with their Jet Set eyeliners, delivering a clean line that doesn’t budge all day. Available in two colors, we couldn’t decide a favorite between the two. Intrigue is a dark slate shade that is a great smoky alternative to black, while Idol is a coppery brown that will warm up your eyes.
There could have been a girl brawl over these puppies. When it comes to blush, we want something that looks natural, pretty and glowing. Cream Cheek is a triple threat in the blush ring, offering a base shade with a highlighter and a deeper color to gradient your apples just the way you like them. Above left: In Lights, a warming blend of coral and rose. Above right: Showbiz, a cooler bold raspberry and bubble gum palette.
Do you love pastels, but don’t want to look too Easter excited? This palette offers soft tones that blend perfectly to give your eye a balanced shimmer. Aaaand, it stays on without creasing…big ups for that. Watch the video below for tips on how to apply:
The perfect shade of red lipstick is like that red cherry on top of your ice-cream sundae: a luminous finish to any classic and polished look. Like all the vibrant colors of the rainbow, there exists an overwhelming selection of red hues from which to choose.
Would you classify yourself as a scarlet vixen or a crimson lover? This Valentine’s Day, the hunt for the perfect rogue lipstick ends! MAC’s intensely vibrant collection of red lipstick guarantees a luscious, dreamy pout.
“You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss. A sigh is just a sigh. The fundamental things apply, as time goes by.” Sam, Casablanca
1. MAC Red $14.50 There is only one word to describe this vivid bluish–red shade: classic. It feels like utter satin upon your lips and it is all you need to glamorize any outfit, whether it be a simple tee shirt and denim combination or a more professional and formal pencil shirt and blouse. If you aim to turn heads everywhere you venture this is your signature shade. Wear it well and with caution. It is brilliant, dark, and daring!
Left to right:
2. Russian Red $14.50 This intense bluish-red shade is among the most popular MAC colors. It is a matte lipstick so there is minimal shine when applied; however, the color is absolutely brilliant. More suitable for an extravagant night out on the town than a day-time office wear, stand out amongst the crowd with this amazing crimson color. Another amazing benefit is the color is so bold it often has the effect of creating the illusion that your lips are fuller. What girl wouldn’t appreciate that!
3. Sin $14.50 For once, you can finally indulge in a little sin without the guilt. This deep dark blue-red matte lipstick veers from the traditional rouge red yet it is equally as appealing and beautiful. Containing components of both red and blue color it is derivative of a stunning royal purple with deep undertones. No matter the size and shape of your lips, accentuate your sexy smile with this unique and bold plum-purple color. Matching perfectly with the deep dark colors of autumn, you’ll be sure to melt hearts with your lavender lips.
4. Saint Germain $14.50 For those that desire a color less dramatic than the classic red this shade is the perfect answer. It is a clean pastel pink. Brighten up your face with this pretty pink color which compliments varying complexions. A few degrees darker than the customary baby pink, this color will inevitably become the staple accessory you’ll never go without as it goes hand in hand with the bright and beautiful colors of countless Spring collections.
5. Lady Bug $14.50 Need a good luck charm ladies? Paint your lips with MAC’s Lady Bug. This shade of red carries undertones of yellow and orange similar to the exquisite color of a ripe yellow garden tomato! Attending an outdoor party or anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring? This bright and exotic color has an earthy yet vivacious feel and will make you the center of attention at any event!
6. Crème Cup $14.50 Yum..the name of this lipstick sounds more like a scrumptious pastry. The color is quite delectable as well, appearing as a shade a bit more neutral for women that desire a more natural sheen to their lips. It is a lighter blue-pink color that is perfect for a mid-afternoon tea party or a lovely date with that special someone.
7. Lady Danger $14.50 Beware ladies, this color is extremely dangerous! With the application of this fiery coral red matte lip color, you’ll instantly transform into the part of the femme fatale. The color is vivid and bright with deep orange undertones. If you want to make a powerful and bold statement, wear it in the evening for a night out filled with adventure.
8.Plink $14.50 Who doesn’t absolutely adore a pink lipstick to match the flushed apples of your cheeks! And with the imminent arrival of warm Spring days it is the perfect accessory for those loose flowing little dresses you’ll soon be digging out of your closet. Similar to the beige and earthy neutral colors of the beach, this lipstick is a warm seashell pink. The gleam on your lips is delightfully sweet. So perfect for a beautiful Spring day reminiscent of the sea shore.
9.Frou $14.50 This particular lip-stick color carries a definite sophistication and class. It is a subtle yet deep color you’ll have difficulty matching elsewhere. The color is magnificent; a soft beige with accents of silver shimmer running throughout. If the angelic look is what you’re looking to achieve, smooth this MAC shade across your naked lips and your face will emit a dewy warmth all day!
10.Impassioned $14.50 Last but certainly not least. If you consider yourself a dare-devil of some sorts, rock this amazing color which is nothing less than an amped-up fuchsia. Like the very name of the lipstick, it will leave you totally impassioned from within. Be confident ladies and accentuate your beautiful lips with eye popping color!